Michelle Carlisle, E.A. 311 S. Railroad Ave Pekin, IL 61554 (309)306-1138
Welcome, new clients of Verne Dentino’s in 2019!
To find us at 311 S Railroad Ave. in Pekin, we are located at the south end of the train cars, between Washington and Broadway, on the corner of 3rd St and Broadway. Or during tax season, Michelle can meet you at the 1811 W High Street location, by request, usually on Wednesdays only. If you can come to Pekin, this is my preference.
For Michelle Carlisle, E.A. (Shell):
Pekin office: Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat 9am – 5pm;
Wednesdays only, 9am – 5pm (High St office)
Evening appointments by request.
Scheduling your appointment – Click the blue “Contact” button that pops up at the bottom, to schedule online like last year, preferred, and receive an email booking confirmation, as well as a couple of email reminders prior to your appointment.
Email: email@example.com if you have questions, or you may leave a message and your call will be returned asap. If you can schedule online, this is easier, and you will receive reminders.
For Rose Hills, RTRP
Taking appts only by phone, please call (309) 306-1138
If no answer, you may leave a message and your call will be returned asap
When you make your appointment, please let us know if you need more than the usual one hour time slot, i.e. you would like to have dependent returns or a business return done, also, or you have a complex tax situation. If scheduling online, consider booking 2 hours instead of the usual 1, if more time is needed.
We are always accepting “drop off” tax returns, if you do not desire a sit-down appt. Please visit the office for a short drop-off form to complete, alerting us of any changes, as you drop off your data. You will be notified when your return is complete, followed by a short meeting to answer any questions, if desired.
2018 Forms to bring
Please bring to your tax appointment:
- If you are new to me this year, please bring a copy of your prior year tax return
- Info on First Time Homebuyer credit from 2006 – 2008, if you took the credit and are now repaying
- All income received, in the form of W2s, 1099’s, business income/expense summary, gambling winnings, prizes won, Bitcoin investment and sales summary if sold any in 2018, etc.
- All Tax forms received marked “Important Tax Documents” including any brokerage forms/investment “year-end” tax forms – sometimes these don’t go out until mid-to-late March
- If itemizing: Sales tax paid on vehicle if purchased 2018; along with usual mortgage interest and property taxes paid, donations, etc.
- Your last paycheck stub for 2018, if you have an HSA or donation payroll deduction
- Donations summary on goods donated on the Goodwill/Salvation Army valuation form, found under General on the Forms page here on my website
- If you are self-employed and receive the Earned Income Credit, bring a bank statement, copy of business license, or some type of document verifying your business at the time of your tax appt.
- For businesses required to issue 1099 forms, there is a penalty increase for intentional disregard to file. If you need help getting these submitted by 1/31, contact us ASAP with completed/signed W9’s if you paid any attorney’s (any amount) or unincorporated sub contractors over $600 for services performed in 2018
- Affordable Care Act: bring any 1095-A, 1095-B or 1095-C forms received. If you don’t have the 1095-A, it should be in the Messages section of your Healthcare.gov account to download/print by Mid-January AND possibly mailed out by 1/31, if you got your coverage thru the Marketplace.
- If you were deemed exempt from the Marketplace, bring your ECN certificate (required)
- If a policy is shared, the taxpayer who received Form 1095-A should provide a copy to the other taxpayers, as needed, also if dependency for a child changed to other parent during 2018
- Please bring Insurance letters notifying you of any gaps in your coverage during 2018
- The ACA penalty exists for one more year, 2018, then reduces to zero for 2019 🙂
Please message us, or call if you have any questions on any of the above.
See you during tax season! God bless! Michelle & Staff
As usual, the IRS has extended the due date for the 2018 tax return deadline to April 18, 2019, so if you are out of the state or not ready, please contact us for a 6-month extension. If you know or believe you might owe, you can submit payment with the extension, to cover potential tax liability.
We thank you for your continued patronage!!
Welcome to our site. Grab a cup of coffee and look around. We are here to help.
Let me introduce myself. I am Michelle Carlisle, an Enrolled Agent certified by the Internal Revenue Service, and a certified QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor. With experience in the Accounting/Tax industry of over 28 years, you can be assured that your payroll, accounting, and tax returns will be handled courteously and professionally.
Please let Michelle know if you would like more information on payroll services, QuickBooks review or training, help with your sales tax or other accounting needs. And be sure to check back here for things to keep in mind when gathering your data for this year’s tax returns.
We look forward to serving your income tax & business needs.